When you make a gift to Penn State, you’re investing in the students, faculty, research, and facilities that make our University great. Be a part of Penn State’s legacy—and future—today. If you would like to shape the future of the John and Willie Leone Family Department of Energy and Mineral Engineering and the lives of our students, the college development staff is ready to work with you to find the giving opportunity that best expresses your values and your interests while meeting your own financial needs. Please contact the Development and Alumni Relations team or use the links below to give now.
There are three funds being highlighted by the department:
- The General Scholarship in Energy and Mineral Engineering: provides scholarship funds for deserving undergraduate students in all majors within the department.
- The John and Louise Weir Student Enrichment Fund: provides support for student travel to professional meetings and student research efforts.
- Support Fund for Energy and Mineral Engineering: provides unrestricted funds for use by the department to support program needs as well as individual students.
Use the online giving form to support EME today.
If you would prefer to mail your gift to us, please send a check (made out to The Pennsylvania State University) to:
Department of Energy & Mineral Engineering
University Park, PA, 16802
Be sure to indicate where you would like to direct your donation. If you want your gift to support one particular major, degree program, or activity within the department please include a cover leter and/or write a short description on the memo line of your check.
Phone or Email
Please contact the EMS Development Office directly at email@example.com or call us at 814-863-2289 to explore providing philanthropic support.
Give to a Specific Program
Giving to Mining Engineering
The Mining Engineering program welcomes donations to the Mining Travel Fund, which supports student travel and activities as well as general program needs. Make a gift online to the Mining Travel Fund.
Giving to Petroleum and Natural Gas Engineering
There are three funds being highlighted by the PNGE program specifically.
- Ertekin Family Award for Student Excellence in the College of Earth and Mineral Sciences
- Petroleum and Natural Gas Engineering Research and Laboratory Fund in the College of Earth and Mineral Sciences
- Petroleum and Natural Gas Engineering Student Support Fund in the College of Earth and Mineral Sciences