In addition to financial support, Penn State relies on alumni for everything from helping to recruit future students to mentoring existing students to hiring recent grads and alumni for internships and permanent employment.
There are many ways EME alumni, family, and friends can share their skills, knowledge, and experiences with students. Some of the ways to volunteer are listed below.
- Mentor students in-person or virtually through the college's Student-Alumni Mentoring Program
- Assist the college with recruiting efforts
- Conducting mock job interviews
- Offering technical expertise and guidance to student groups or teams
- Provide information about internships and job opportunities
- Judging and providing feedback on student design projects
- Sharing your knowledge and experience through special seminars and lectures
- Providing helpful feedback on resumes
- Creating networking opportunities with prospective employers
- Help students decide their major - participate in career discussion panels
Interested in Voluntering?
If you are interested in further information about any of these opportunities, please complete the Interested in Volunteering form.