Range Resources (www.rangeresources.com) – Ticker: RRC
Range Resources Corporation is a leading U.S. independent natural gas and NGL producer with operations focused on stacked-pay projects in the Appalachian Basin. The Company pursues an organic development strategy targeting high return, low-cost projects within its large inventory of low risk drilling opportunities. As a leading natural gas producer and the pioneer of the Marcellus Shale, we are proud of our long legacy of delivering energy solutions and value to our partners and shareholders.
Division Office Based in Canonsburg, PA (just 15 minutes southwest of downtown Pittsburgh)
2024 Summer Gas Marketing Internship (Apply on Nittany Lion Careers)
Gas Marketing Internship that will be focused on the scheduling, forecasting and trading functions. Primary responsibilities of this position will be to assist our scheduling team to ensure Range's production and sales are being scheduled seamlessly. In addition will also be assisting with updating our forecasting and capacity models related to evaluating our transportation and sales portfolio along with executing bid week strategies through physical gas trading, optimization of pipeline capacity and origination of new customer relationships. Will be expected to effectively communicate with our operations team, interstate pipelines, midstream providers, sales team and management regarding our gas marketing activities.
- Ensure that nominations on various pipeline(s) are in place before the end of the timely cycle
- Monitor planned maintenance on pipeline (s) and communicate any impacts to various Range teams
- Assist with monitoring and managing imbalances on pipelines and executing plans to correct
- Communicate nominations to the scheduling analysts and assist with input into the Allegro database
- Review deals entered into Allegro with the deal confirmation and notifies the trader of any discrepancies with the Counterparty, Price, term, etc. Work with the trader to reconcile the discrepancy
- Assist with preparation of Weekly Trade Reports that are approved by the VP of Marketing
- Verify Trade Deals Details in Ranges System of Record -- Allegro
- Assist with maintenance of the sales portfolio forecast model by adding the transactions made by the sales team and the updated forecasts from the various planning divisions
- Work closely with Marketing Analysts and sales team to identify differences the production forecasts as well as how we utilize transportation
- Adhere to all Internal Range Controls to Insure Compliance with all Credit and Risk Policies - SOX documents
- Follow and Abide by all FERC Rules and Regulations pertaining to Trading of Natural Gas
- Assist with maintaining the Daily Trading Report for the Trading Manager for morning Strategy Meetings that provide an overview of the price differences between popular sales areas to start familiarizing themselves with the different sales points that are relevant to Range
- Data entry and verification of Trade Deals into Ranges Trading System - Allegro
Requirements: Currently pursuing a degree in Energy Business Finance or related discipline, need to have at least completed your Sophomore year by the time the internship begins.
Additional Company Information Below -
Company Presentation – click here
Range Video – Our Culture – click here (1+ minute video on our culture)
Range Video – Field Tour – click here (10 minute video – great overview of natural gas)