Dr. Amin Mehrabian is an Assistant Professor at the Energy and Mineral Engineering Department of the Pennsylvania State University, and a former Principal R&D Engineer at Houston Technology Center of Halliburton Energy Services. He specializes in mechanics and physics of porous media involving the coupled processes of deformation, fracture, creep, flow, transport, electrokinetics, and sorption in porous, fluid-impregnated materials. Dr. Mehrabian’s research has been applied to the subsurface problems of energy extraction and CO2 sequestration, shale mechanics, as well as rock and biological tissue characterization. His Poromechanics Research Group has produced publications in leading venues, as well as digital solutions that are used at major energy companies. Dr. Mehrabian holds a US patent grant on managed pressure drilling.
The full list of publications may be viewed in the CV.
- W. Zhang, A. Mehrabian, 2021, Nonlinear and non-local analytical solution for Darcy–Forchheimer flow through a deformable porous inclusion within a semi-infinite elastic medium, Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 911, A49.
- A. Mehrabian, C. Liu, 2021, Mandel’s problem reloaded, Journal of Sound and Vibration, 492, 115785.
- K. Nguyen, A, Mehrabian, 2021, Method of images solution for an edge dislocation and a circular cavity in crystalline solids, Physical Mesomechanics, 24(1), 20-31.
- X. Su, A. Mehrabian, 2021, Coupled poroelastic solutions for the reservoir and caprock layers with the overburden confinement effects, Geomechanics for Energy and the Environment, 25, 100215.
- W. Zheng, A. Mehrabian, 2020, Poroelastic solution for the nonlinear injectivity of subsurface rocks with strain‐induced permeability variations, Water Resources Research, 56(08), e2020WR027620.
- A. Mehrabian, 2018, The poroelastic constants of multiple-porosity solids, International Journal of Engineering Science, 132, 97-104.
- A. Mehrabian, Y.N. Abousleiman, 2018, Theory and analytical solution to Cryer’s problem of N-porosity and N-permeability poroelasticity, Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids, 118, 218-227.
- C. Liu, A. Mehrabian, Y. Abousleiman, 2018, Theory and analytical solutions to coupled processes of transport and deformation in dual-porosity dual-permeability poro-chemo-electro-elastic media, Journal of Applied Mechanics, 85(11), 111006-111018.
- A. Mehrabian, 2016, The stability of inclined and fractured wellbores, Society of Petroleum Engineers Journal, 21(05), 1518-1536.
- A. Mehrabian, D.E. Jamison, S.G. Teodorescu, 2015, Geomechanics of lost-circulation events and wellbore strengthening operations, Society of Petroleum Engineers Journal, 20(6), 1305-1318.
- A. Mehrabian, Y.N. Abousleiman, 2014, Generalized Biot’s theory and Mandel’s problem of multiple-porosity and multiple-permeability poroelasticity, Journal of Geophysical Research: Solid Earth, 119 (4), 2745-2763.
- A. Mehrabian, Y.N. Abousleiman, T.B. Mapstone, C.A. El-Amm, 2015, Dual-porosity poroviscoelasticity and quantitative hydromechanical characterization of the brain tissue with experimental hydrocephalus data, Journal of Theoretical Biology, 384, 19-32.