Associate Professor of Energy Policy and Economics
Undergraduate Program Chair of Energy Business and Finance
Associate Department Head
- Energy and electric power systems
- Regulation and deregulation of network industries
- Congestion pricing and management
- Complex systems and network theory
- Green design of products, processes, and systems
- Antitrust economics and the measurement of market power
- Infrastructure management and investment
115 Hosler Building
- Blumsack, Seth, Lester B. Lave, and Marija Ilic, 2007. "A Quantitative Analysis of the Relationship Between Congestion and Reliability in Electric Power Networks," Energy Journal 28:4.
- Blumsack, Seth, 2007. "Measuring the Costs and Benefits of Regional Electric Grid Integration," Energy Law Journal 28:1.
- Lave, Lester B., Jay Apt and Seth Blumsack, 2004. "Rethinking Electricity Deregulation," The Electricity Journal 17:8.
- U.S. Association for Energy Economics
- International Association of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- American Economics Association
- American Geophysical Union
- Peer reviewer, Energy Journal, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, Environmental Science and Technology, International Journal of Global Energy Issues.
- System Economics and Transmission Planning Sub-Committees of the IEEE Power Engineering Society.