Assistant Professor of Petroleum and Natural Gas Engineering
102 Hosler Building
Dr. Amin Mehrabian is an Assistant Professor at the Department of Energy and Mineral Engineering of The Pennsylvania State University. His research interests include mechanics and physics of porous media with applications in wellbore, shale, and reservoir geomechanics of drilling and completions operations. Dr. Mehrabian has four years’ experience as a Principal Engineer at the Technology Center of Halliburton Energy Services in Houston. He holds a US patent application on managed pressure drilling.
Ph.D. (Petroleum Engineering), The University of Oklahoma, 2013
M.Sc. (Mechanical Engineering), Sharif University of Technology, 2006
B.Sc. (Petroleum Engineering), Sharif University of Technology, 2005
B.Sc. (Mechanical Engineering), Sharif University of Technology, 2004
• Mechanics and Physics of Porous Media
• Drilling and Completions
- C. Liu, A. Mehrabian, Y.N. Abousleiman, 2017, Poroelastic dual-porosity/dual-permeability after-closure pressure curves analysis in hydraulic fracturing, Society of Petroleum Engineers Journal, 22(01), 198-218.
- A. Mehrabian, 2016, The stability of inclined and fractured wellbores, Society of Petroleum Engineers Journal, 21(05), 1518-1536.
- A. Mehrabian, D.E. Jamison, S.G. Teodorescu, 2015, Geomechanics of lost-circulation events and wellbore strengthening operations, Society of Petroleum Engineers Journal, 20(6), 1305-1318.
- A. Mehrabian, Y.N. Abousleiman, T.B. Mapstone, C.A. El-Amm, 2015, Dual-porosity poroviscoelasticity and quantitative hydromechanical characterization of the brain tissue with experimental hydrocephalus data, Journal of Theoretical Biology, 384, 19-32.
- A. Mehrabian, Y.N. Abousleiman, 2015, Gassmann equations and the constitutive relations for multiple‐porosity and multiple‐permeability poroelasticity with applications to oil and gas shale. International Journal for Numerical and Analytical Methods in Geomechanics, 39(14), 1547-1569.
- A. Mehrabian, Y.N. Abousleiman, 2014, Generalized Biot’s theory and Mandel’s problem of multiple-porosity and multiple-permeability poroelasticity, Journal of Geophysical Research: Solid Earth, 119(4), 2745-2763.
- A. Mehrabian, Y.N. Abousleiman, 2013, Generalized poroelastic wellbore problem. International Journal for Numerical and Analytical Methods in Geomechanics, 37(16), 2727-2754.