Dr. Kilicarslan Sahin is currently working as instructor of Department of Energy and Mineral Engineering and post-doctoral researcher in the Department of Material Science and Engineering at Penn State University. She holds a Ph.D. degree in Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, which is an interdisciplinary major between Metallurgy and Material Science from Yildiz Technical University in Turkey. During Ph.D, she worked as a visiting researcher in the Department of Process Metallurgy and Metal Recycling at RWTH Aachen University in Germany. Dr. Kilicarslan Sahin has research and work experience in ionic liquids, rare earth elements and hydrometallurgy projects. She is also experienced in extractive metallurgy, separation science, materials synthesis, surface coating and composite materials.
- Synthesis of New Generation Ionic Liquids and Investigation of Usability as Leaching Agent (Solvent) and Extractant on the Recovery of Copper and Zinc from Industrial Brass Wastes
- Investigation of Using Ionic Liquids in the Recovery of Copper Based Wastes by Hydrometallurgical Methods
- Recovery of Zinc and Copper from Brass Flue Dusts and Ashes
- Development of Wear Resistant B4C Reinforced Aluminum Matrix Lightweight Composite Materials
- A. Kilicarslan Sahin, Daniel Voßenkaul, Nicolas Stoltz; Srecko Stopic, Muhlis Nezihi Saridede, Bernd Friedrich, “Selectivity potential of ionic liquids for metal extraction from slags”, Hydrometallurgy 169 (2017) 59–67.
- A. Kilicarslan Sahin, T.S. Atalay, N. Ocal, M.N. Saridede, “Synthesis of Novel Ionic Liquids and Evaluation of Their Leaching Performance in the Recovery of Copper and Zinc from the Industrial Brass Slag,” Revista de Metalurgia 52 (4) October-December 2016.
- G. Sezen, A. Kilicarslan*, S. Daglılar, I. Kerti, “Autocatalytic Ni-P and Ni-B deposition on SiC powders”, Emerging Materials Research, 5 (1) June 2016, 147-152.
- A. Kilicarslan, M.N. Sarıdede, “Leaching Performance of Imidazolium Based Ionic Liquids in the Presence of Hydrogen Peroxide for Recovery of Metals from Brass Waste”, Revista de Metalurgia, A 52 (1) January–March 2016.
- A. Kilicarslan, M.N. Sarıdede, “Recovery of Metallic Values from Brass Wastes Using Brønsted Acidic Ionic Liquid as Leachate”, JOM, (67) 11, 2739-2746, November 2015.
- A. Kilicarslan, K. Onol, S. Basit, M. N. Saridede, “Comparison of Microwave-Assisted and Conventional Leaching for Extraction of Copper from Chalcopyrite Concentrate”, International Journal of Chemical, Molecular, Nucleer, Materials and Metallurgical Engineering, 9 (9), 938-941, 2015.
- A. Kilicarslan, M.N. Sarıdede, “Treatment of Industrial Brass Wastes for the Recovery of Copper and Zinc”, Separation Science and Technology, 50, 1-6,2015.
- A. Kilicarslan, F. Toptan, I. Kerti, S. Piskin, “Oxidation of Boron Carbide Particles at Low Temperatures”, Materials Letters, 128, 224-226, August 2014.
- A. Kilicarslan, M.N. Sarıdede, S. Stopic, B. Friedrich, “Use of Ionic Liquid in Leaching Process of Brass Wastes for Copper and Zinc Recovery”, International Journal of Minerals, Metallurgy and Materials, 21 (2), 138-143, February 2014.
- A. Kilicarslan, Y. Kurttepeli, M.N. Sarıdede, “Using of Boron Wastes in Red Brick Production”, Advanced Materials Research, 699, 223-227, February 2013.
- A. Kilicarslan, F. Toptan, I. Kerti, “Electroless Nickel-Phosphorus Coating on Boron Carbide Particles”, Materials Letters, 76, 11-14, June 2012.
- F. Toptan, A. Kilicarslan, A. Karaaslan, M. Cigdem, I. Kerti, “Processing and Microstructural Characterisation of AA 1070 and AA 6063 Matrix B4Cp Reinforced Composites”, Materials and Design, Vol. 31, 1, 87-91, June 2010.
- F. Toptan, A. Kilicarslan, I. Kerti, “The effect of Ti Addition on the Properties of Al-B4C Interface: A Microstructural Study”, Materials Science Forum, 639-637, 192-197, January 2010.