The External Advisory Board (EAB) consists of distinguished alumni and successful industrial, academic, and business leaders interested in the success of the John and Willie Leone Family Department of Energy and Mineral Engineering (EME) at Penn State. The EAB provides advice and counsel on matters such as curriculum feedback, alumni engagement, industry needs and trends, and helps support the department in the achievement of its strategic goals.
External Advisory Board
Author, Speaker, Executive Coach and CEO, Angelique Adams Media Solutions, LLC
Frederick "Stu" Bresler, III
Senior Vice President, Operations and Markets, PJM Interconnection
President, Marcellus Shale Coalition
Nicole Reed Fry
Associate Director, Guidehouse
Senior Environmental Manager, NRG Energy, Inc.
Director of Reservoir Management - International, Chevron
Shahid and Sharon Ullah Endowed Chair in Petroleum and Geosystems Engineering, The University of Texas at Austin
A. Michael Schaal
Stanley C. Suboleski
Senior Vice President, Massey, LC
Executive Vice President, Portfolio Optimization, American Electric Power
OBJECTIVES OF THE EAB
The objective of EAB is to provide external guidance regarding priorities and directions for Penn State energy and mineral engineering education and research through advice, assistance and advocacy. The specific objectives are to:
- Provide connection to external world.
- Recommend strategies to improve academic environment.
- Make suggestions to improve research environment.
- Provide guidance for program and departmental integration.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Attend EAB meetings and actively contribute in discussions and decisions. Review agenda and supporting materials prior to EAB meetings.
- Recommend topics and presenters for EAB meetings.
- Serve as an active and positive spokesperson for the EME department externally.
- Provide advice and counsel to the Department Head, as requested, regarding industry’s and other constituents’ needs and trends.
- Be available as a skilled resource to the EME Department for special studies or tasks.
- Assist in the identification and recruitment of new EAB members.
- Mentor new EAB members as they begin their involvement with the EAB.
- Support the Department Head, faculty, and staff in the achievement of EME strategic goals.