Poster Printing Guidelines
The John and Willie Leone Family Department of Energy and Mineral Engineering (EME) offers poster plotting and laminating to members of the EME department only.
Help us get your poster to you in a timely manner and follow the guidelines below. Posters not following the guidelines will not be printed.
- Submit your poster to Morgann McAfee via email at email@example.com or in person via a CD or USB drive in 107 Hosler Building along with the Poster Printing Form according to the timeline schedule below. All posters received for printing are expected to be complete and ready to print 'as is'.
Posters will be printed from a PC.
- If you create a poster on a Mac, please check the file on a PC to make sure there are not any conversion problems.
- The preferred file formats are PowerPoint (.ppt) and Adobe PDF (.pdf). Please check with Rachel Altemus in 116 Hosler Building if you are using another file format.
Poster Size and Lamination:
- The two standard poster paper sizes that EME has in stock are 36 inches wide and 42 inches wide. Whether the poster orientation is portrait or landscape, at least one edge of your poster cannot exceed 42 inches.
- Only posters up to 36 inches wide in either landscape or portrait page orientation can be laminated. Posters that exceed 36 inches in width will not be laminated.
- Unless you are participating in a poster contest, you will receive an email when your poster is printed. Please stop by 107 Hosler Building as soon as possible (Monday - Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm) to review your poster after receiving an email notice. After you approve your poster, lamination of the poster (if requested) will be completed and a second email will be sent to you when the poster is ready to be picked up.
- If you are participating in a poster contest, we will probably not have time to allow each one of you the time to review your poster after it has been printed, otherwise the process will be slowed dramatically. Posters received for printing are expected to be complete.
- We will print one extra copy of the poster for free if there are printing problems. However, early drafts of posters will be charged at the usual rates.
Poster Printing Timeline Schedule
Posters will be printed on a first come first serve basis. Please remember to allow ample time for your poster to be printed, proofed, reprinted if necessary, and laminated.
Posters that do not follow this schedule will not be printed.
- For Department, College, University, or Professional Society poster competitions/events (e.g., Graduate Poster Exhibitions) in which many posters are going to be printed, please make sure that your poster is submitted at least 7 business days prior to the event date. For example, if you need your poster by Wednesday at 3:00pm, submit it by the Monday of the previous week at 3:00pm.
- For individual poster requests please make sure that your poster is submitted at least 3 business days prior to the date needed. For example, if you need your poster by Thursday at 3:00pm, submit it by the previous Monday at 3:00pm. If you require the poster to be laminated, your poster must be submitted at least 4 business days prior to the date needed.
Poster Printing Rates
$4.00/square foot on coated paper
$7.00/square foot on semi-gloss photo paper
$1.00/square foot for lamination
Other Local Printing Venues
There are several other local venues that also offer poster printing services. They are:
- Engineering Copy Center, 101 Engineering Unit A University Park, PA 16802, Phone: 814-863-1612, FAX: 814-863-4789, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Web: http://www.engr.psu.edu/ae/ecc/
- Penn State Multimedia Print Center, 101 Hostetter Business Services Building, University Park, PA 16802, Phone: 814-865-7544 (or 865-2679 to schedule a pickup), FAX: 814-863-6376, Email: email@example.com, Web: http://www.multimediaprint.psu.edu/
- FedEx Kinko’s Office and Print Services, 101 North Atherton Street, State College, PA 16801, Phone: 814-238-2679, FAX: 814-237-1613, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Web: http://www.fedex.com/us/office/