Hamid Emami-Meybodi is an assistant professor of petroleum and natural gas engineering at the Pennsylvania State University. His research expertise is in analytical and numerical modeling of fluid flow and transport phenomena in porous media with applications to storage of carbon dioxide in geological formations, unconventional gas reservoirs, and enhanced oil recovery. He has conducted research on solutal and thermal natural convection, rate transient analysis, hydraulic fracturing, water and polymer flooding, formation steam heating, and solvent injection in heavy oil reservoirs. He holds a B.Sc. and an M.Sc. in chemical and petroleum engineering from the Petroleum University of Technology (Iran) and an M.Eng., an M.Sc., and a Ph.D. in petroleum engineering from the University of Calgary (Canada).
Ph.D. (Petroleum Engineering), The University of Calgary, 2015
M.Sc. (Petroleum Engineering), The University of Calgary, 2011
M.Eng. (Reservoir Engineering), The University of Calgary, 2008
M.Sc. (Chemical Engineering), The Petroleum University of Technology, 2007
B.Sc. (Petroleum Engineering), The Petroleum University of Technology, 2005
- Geosequestration of carbon dioxide
- Shale and tight rock reservoirs
- Heavy oil and bitumen recovery
- Chemical enhanced oil recovery
- Emami-Meybodi, H., Hassanzadeh, H., Green, C. P., and Ennis-King, J., Convective dissolution of CO2 in saline aquifers - Progress in modeling and experiments, International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control, 40, 238–266, 2015.
- Emami-Meybodi, H., Hassanzadeh, H., and Ennis-King, J., CO2 dissolution in presence of background flow of saline aquifers, Water Resources Research, 51, 2595–2615, 2015.
- Emami-Meybodi, H. and Hassanzadeh, H., Two-phase convective mixing under a buoyant plume of CO2 in deep saline aquifers, Advances in Water Resources, 76, 55–71, 2015.
- Emami-Meybodi, H., Saripalli, H. K., and Hassanzadeh, H., Formation heating by steam circulation in a horizontal wellbore, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 78, 886–992, 2014.
- Emami-Meybodi, H. and Hassanzadeh, H., Stability analysis of two-phase buoyancy-driven flow in presence of capillary transition zone, Physical Review E, 87, 033009, 2013.
- Emami-Meybodi, H. and Hassanzadeh, H., Mixing induced by buoyancy-driven flows in porous media, AIChE Journal, 59, 1378–1389, 2013.
- Emami-Meybodi, H. Comments on the paper “Quantification of density-driven natural convection for dissolution mechanism in CO2 sequestration”, Transport in Porous Media, 93, 171–174, 2012.
- Emami-Meybodi, H. and Hassanzadeh, H., Hydrodynamic dispersion in steady buoyancy-driven geological flows, Water Resources Research, 47, W12504, 2011.
- Emami-Meybodi, H., Kharrat, R., and Wang, X., Study of microscopic and macroscopic displacement behaviors of polymer solution in water-wet and oil-wet media, Transport in Porous Media, 89 (1) 97–120, 2011.
- Emami-Meybodi, H., Kharrat, R., and Nasehi-Araghi, M., Experimental studying of pore morphology and wettability effects on microscopic and macroscopic displacement efficiency of polymer flooding, Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, 78, 347–363, 2011.
- Emami-Meybodi, H., Kharrat, R., and Yadali-Jamaloei, B., Effect of orientation of strata on macroscopic sweep efficiency of water/polymer flooding in layered porous media, Journal of Porous Media, 14, 761–776, 2011.